[Linux-cluster] Using cman,etc for a non-gfs app

Lon Hohberger lhh at redhat.com
Wed Jul 20 17:49:44 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-15 at 18:02 -0400, Olivier Crete wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-22-06 at 18:36 -0400, Lon Hohberger wrote:
> > * libmagma provides cp_fence() / clu_fence() which work on both CMAN and
> > gulm.
>
> I've looked implementing clu_fence() in libmagma. It seems to only call
> an ioctl in the kernel cman which only seems to do cooperative fencing
> and removing a node from the cluster... I dont see any call to fenced or
> fence_node. Or have I missed something ?

Correct, it removes the node via libgulm or asking CMAN to expire and
fence the node.

If you want to change it, I'd recommend calling fence_node from the
particular plugin you're using rather than altering the way libmagma
works (libmagma is dumb -- don't make it smart, that's not it's
job! ;) ).

-- Lon