[Linux-cluster] GFS freezing

Florian G. Pflug fgp at phlo.org
Tue Jul 26 16:37:22 UTC 2005

Scott.Money at lycos-inc.com wrote:
> We are seeing a similar issue. We have a 3 node gfs system that uses a
> gnbd server as storage. We originally ran into this problem quite
> frequently, but hard-setting our NICs to 100Mbit  full duplex has limited
> the system freezes to "large" data transfers. (e.g. copying 500mb files
> via scp or creating 500mb Oracle tablespaces). The good news is that the
> fencing works ;-)
I have had gfs-deadlocks too - I mounted the gfs on two nodes,
and started an instance of bonnie++ on both nodes. Within a few
seconds both nodes seem to have deadlocked - the bonnie++ is in
state "S", and trying to access the gfs (i.e. via "ls") results
in block the accessing app. The nodes where not fenced, so I believe
that the heartbeats where still sent and received.

I'm using lock_gulm, and not lock_dlm.

> Let me know if you get any information about this.
Me too, please ;-)

greetings, FLorian Pflug