[Linux-cluster] Fencing the gulm master node: problem

Michael Conrad Tadpol Tilstra mtilstra at redhat.com
Fri Jul 1 15:12:50 UTC 2005

On Fri, Jul 01, 2005 at 10:36:46AM +0200, Alban Crequy wrote:
> I want to test the fencing capability of GFS by unplugging the network on a
> node. But I experience some problems when the node I unplug is the gulm
> master.
>
> I am using the RPM:
>  - GFS-6.0.2.20-2
>  - GFS-modules-smp-6.0.2.20-2
>
> I have a 8-nodes cluster (sam21, sam22, ..., sam28). I mount a GFS
> filesystem on all nodes on /mnt/gfs
[snip]
> Is this a bug? Or a misunderstanding of the fencing mechanism?

No, you've got the right idea.  It looks like a bug.  ick.
So can you file a bugzilla for this?
Also, can you try things where there is no gfs mounted on the gulm
master, then unplug that node and see if the cluster behaves?

thanks.
--
Michael Conrad Tadpol Tilstra
Any technology, no matter how primitive, is magic to those who don't