[Linux-cluster] Fencing Problems

Rich Edelman REdelman at netstandard.com
Tue Jul 5 13:20:42 UTC 2005

Hi all.

I've got a 2 node FC4 system here, connected via a Brocade FC switch to
FC SAN. I've followed usage.txt to a T, but seem to have some fencing
problems.

What happens is if one of the 2 nodes loses network connectivity, that
node immediately gets fenced by the remaining node, which is all fine
and good. The problem here is the fenced node (the one without network
connectivity) starts trying to fence the remaining node, and when
network connectivity is restored, succeeds in fencing the other node.
Now both my nodes are fenced. And not only that, but I have the 'split
brain' scenario, where each node thinks it is the only member of a
similarly named cluster.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks,

Rich Edelman