[Linux-cluster] NFS configuration question

Birger Wathne Birger.Wathne at ift.uib.no
Wed Jul 6 10:16:34 UTC 2005

When setting up a configuration for NFS server failover, can I ensure the IP
address comes up after exports are ready, and more importantly that the IP
address goes down before unexporting by placeing the <ip ...> entry at the
end of the service declaration?

When taking down the nfs service I want the server to 'disappear' before it
starts unexporting, as i want clients to hang waiting for the service to
come back up instead of getting io errors.

I am unable to test this, since I had to go into production a bit too quickly.

--
birger