[Linux-cluster] NFS configuration question

Eric Kerin eric at bootseg.com
Wed Jul 6 21:29:12 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-07-06 at 12:16 +0200, Birger Wathne wrote:
> When taking down the nfs service I want the server to 'disappear' before it
> starts unexporting, as i want clients to hang waiting for the service to
> come back up instead of getting io errors.

It should already work this way.  Look in /usr/share/cluster/service.sh,
there is a block of XML data that defines the service resource agent.
Twords the end of the block of XML is a "special" tag this defines the
child node types for that agent.  You'll notice each of the child nodes
has a start and stop number.  These define the order that the given
children are started and stopped  You'll see filesystems are started at
level 2, and ip addresses are started at 3.   Since a nfs export is
defined as a child of a fs agent, the nfs exports are turned on after
mounting the filesystem, and before the IP address is active.

Then they are stopped using the order defined by the stop attribute.  So
IP address is turned off, then filesystems are stopped, (nfs exports are
turned off, and then the filesystem is unmounted.)

Hope this helps.
--
Eric Kerin <eric at bootseg.com>