[Linux-cluster] Problem rebooting cluster node - CMANsendmsg failed: -101

Birger Wathne Birger.Wathne at ift.uib.no
Wed Jul 6 23:44:07 UTC 2005

Jason Lanclos wrote:

> I've run into this also.. For some reason any scripts that don't have the word "daemon" in them,
> don't run when shutting the system down. And sometimes the install didn't setup the correct links in rc6.d.
> To resolve this I just used the following script to put the word daemon in each script, and remove, and recreate the rc links.
>
>   for i in ccsd cman fenced gfs rgmanager
> 	do
> 	   echo "# daemon" >> /etc/init.d/$i
> 	   chkconfig --del $i
> 	   chkconfig --add $i
>    done

I know I didn't install the startup links, as I would have used chkconfig to
do it. I used chkconfig to add the links, and it did the job as expected.

I first installed the rpm's when fc4 was released, but they had too many old
bugs. I uninstalled the rpm's and installed from cvs (FC4 branch). Since
then the rpm's have been updated, so I will probably convert to those to
ease management when I have the other cluster node available.

Anyway. Problem solved, and just to be safe I have also added the daemon
lines in the scripts.

--
birger