[Linux-cluster] NFS configuration question

Birger Wathne Birger.Wathne at ift.uib.no
Fri Jul 8 10:55:26 UTC 2005

Lon Hohberger wrote:

>... and /etc/exports.
>
>If the cluster is for some reason unexporting stuff in /etc/exports
>which it shouldn't, it's a bug.

No. It was my own config problem that unexported the file systems, I guess.

>e.g.:
>
>If you have /mnt/clusterexport in cluster.conf as an NFS export, and you
>have "/tmp" as an export in /etc/exports - and the "/tmp" export is
>dissappearing, that's a bug.
>
>If you have /mnt/clusterexport in both cluster.conf
>and /etc/exports, ... that's a config problem.  Let the cluster manage
>the stuff you intend to export from the cluster. =)

No problem here. The export I have in /etc/exports was still there.

As I said above, the deletion of the cluster-administered exports was
probably my fault, as I had gotten a line from an early config file back
into my new one. This line tried to start the nfs startup script on a
system that already had nfs running. I guess this results in 'exportfs
-r' after the cluster has exported, and suddenly the list is back to
just the contents of /etc/exports.

What I still think may be a bug is that of my 9 exports in cluster.conf
only 5 get checked regularly through calls to "nfsclient.sh status", and
thus only those 5 got reexported after they got deleted. I would never
have seen this problem without messing up myself in the first place :-/

--
birger