[Linux-cluster] NFS configuration question

Lon Hohberger lhh at redhat.com
Fri Jul 8 20:40:28 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-08 at 16:18 -0400, Eric Kerin wrote:

> Well, I was able to track it down, it's being caused by the throttle on
> the monitor operations for resources.
>
> Basically, any time a shared resource is referenced more than once, it
> will not get monitored for the 2nd+ time it's referenced.  This is
> because it keeps track of the last time the resource was checked at the
> resource level, and if it hasn't been more time than the amount of time
> the monitor attribute says is the interval, it doesn't run the monitor
> operation on it.
>
> So here's a patch that seems to fix it in my quick testing, but I'm not
> sure if it's the best way to fix the bug.  It copies the action list for
> the resource to the resource_node when a resource is referenced.  It
> then uses that copy of the action list when doing status checks.
>

> Perhaps a better way would be to make a copy of the struct for the
> shared resource_t any time it's referenced, rather than just using the
> same one for all resource_node_t.  I'm willing to write up this patch if
> you think it's a better course of action.

Both work.

For now, I think we should use this, as copying an entire resource_t
structure has the downside of complicating reconfiguration, which is
already rather ... complicated :)

Ideally, we'd just have private "last-check-time" and "last-check-level"
in the resource node structure and not put it in the resource action
structures.  This would require a little more work.

-- Lon