[Linux-cluster] kernel: CMANsendmsg failed: -101

Lon Hohberger lhh at redhat.com
Wed Jul 20 22:06:13 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 22:55 +0200, Birger Wathne wrote:
> Lon Hohberger wrote:
>

> > Basically, the power button should really be a power button -- not a
> > soft-power-button.  Some BIOSes allow you to toggle whether it's a "soft
> > power" or "hard power".
>
> Won't most bioses do a hard power if you just press the power button long
> enough?

Yeah, but iLO doesn't do this with the versions we support.  It
simulates a "button press".

The 1.70+ firmware has "hold_power_button", but the 1.62 firmware only
has "set_power_state off" (or something like it) which translates to
"press_power_button" in the 1.70/1.75 firmware.

The newer firmware solves this problem with the press_power_button,
hold_power_button distinction, but unfortunately, we need to make the
iLO agent more intelligent as to how it controls power without breaking
compatibility with the 1.62 firmware.

Ugly :)

-- Lon