[Linux-cluster] GFS-6.0.2.20-2 - no athlon?

Troy Dawson dawson at fnal.gov
Mon Jun 6 19:55:51 UTC 2005

Hello,
For the new GFS 6.0.2.20-2, that came out for the new update 5 kernel
(2.4.21-32.0.1), there isn't an athlon module.
Looking at the spec file from the source rpm, I cannot even make an
athlon kernel module without modifying the spec file.  This is because
of the line

ExclusiveArch: i386 i686 ia64 x86_64 ia32e

which doesn't include athlon.

But the question is why is it not there in the first place?
Was this just an oversight?
Is there a reason that I shouldn't use this on an athlon?

If this was just a slipup, well then that's ok.  But if there is a
reason I shouldn't use GFS on an athlon, I'd like to know.

Many Thanks
Troy Dawson