[Linux-cluster] CMAN removing nodes from cluster?

Nate Carlson rhcluster at natecarlson.com
Wed Jun 8 22:48:17 UTC 2005

Hey all,

I've got my cluster set up with two physical nodes, and am trying to start
a virtual machine on one of the nodes. Things seem to work, but I fairly
quickly get the following errors (sorry, haven't set up ntp yet, so the
clock is wrong - these messages occured at the same time):

Jun  8 17:52:21 xen1 kernel: CMAN: removing node xen-test-vm1.int.technicality.org from the cluster : Missed too many heartbeats
Jun  8 17:51:33 xen-test-vm1 kernel: CMAN: Being told to leave the cluster by node 1
Jun  8 17:51:33 xen-test-vm1 kernel: CMAN: we are leaving the cluster.

How does the Heartbeat configuration work? How should I debug this?

All I need to do on xen-test-vm1 to rejoin is 'cman_tool join', and
everything works for 10-15 seconds until it gets kicked again.

Appreciate any ideas!