[Linux-cluster] GFS lock problem?

Andrew C. Dingman adingman at cookgroup.com
Thu Jun 9 15:29:08 UTC 2005

My thinking when I wrote that question was a little sloppy, and the
particular lock calls I mentioned aren't actually relevant to what I
meant. Sorry.

What I mean is that presumably most locks GFS takes out correspond to
activity of a client process that needs to read or write the blocks
covered by that lock. It therefore seems like it ought to be possible to
determine which file the locked area belongs to, and then which process
on the machine holding the lock is responsible for the activity which
necessitated GFS taking out the lock.

Am I making any more sense?