[Linux-cluster] rgmanager slow

Jason Lanclos jason at selu.edu
Thu Jun 9 15:49:51 UTC 2005

I have 3 nodes setup and i'm using rgmanager to start the services.
It works pretty good for the most part.. The only issue i have is that it sometimes takes rgmanager
a while (about 5 minutes) to start the services.

When this happens and I do a clustat on each server I'll get:

[root at sam ~]# clustat
Member Status: Quorate, Group Member

  Member Name                              State      ID
  ------ ----                              -----      --
  nd01.selu.edu                            Online     0x0000000000000001
  sam.selu.edu                             Online     0x0000000000000002

  Service Name         Owner (Last)                   State
  ------- ----         ----- ------                   -----
  sendmail1            (none                        ) stopped
  sendmail2            sam.selu.edu                   started
  sendmail3            nd01.selu.edu                  started
  test                 sam.selu.edu                   started

[root at woody ~]# clustat
Member Status: Quorate

Not a member of the Resource Manager service group.
Resource Group information unavailable; showing all cluster members.

  Member Name                              State      ID
  nd01.selu.edu                            Online     0x0000000000000001
  sam.selu.edu                             Online     0x0000000000000002
  woody.selu.edu                           Online     0x0000000000000003

Why does it take rgmanager so long to see the service groups???

--
Jason Lanclos
Systems Administrator