[Linux-cluster] A few GFS newbie questions: journals, etc

Nate Carlson natecars at natecarlson.com
Thu Jun 9 18:28:22 UTC 2005

On Thu, 9 Jun 2005, Lon Hohberger wrote:
> As with CMAN, the gulm lock server cluster needs a majority of nodes
> online...
>
>  floor((n+1)/2)

Ah, got'cha.

So I would indeed be better having the firewall participate in the
cluster; that way, I could have two of the physical Xen hosts down without
a problem.

Do boxes participating in the cluster even need to have access to the
storage? If so, I'll just slap a FC card in there..

Thanks much!