[Linux-cluster] strange GFS problem

Lon Hohberger lhh at redhat.com
Wed Jun 15 17:31:43 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-15 at 06:41 -0700, Igor wrote:

> Two machines alice (HDs 1 & 2) & bob (HDs 3 & 4).
>
> I gnbd export 2 to bob and 4 to alice.  Then I LVM
> mirror 2 & 4 on both alice & bob.  Then GFS on top of
> that.

> Will that work?

I really doubt it.  If it does, it's purely coincidental.

You could look at ddraid, but it's at an early stage of development.

You can also use something like DRBD, but that will not allow write
access from multiple nodes (only active/backup), so you can't use GFS
with it in any meaningful way.

-- Lon