[Linux-cluster] strange GFS problem

Igor logastellus at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 16 15:46:36 UTC 2005

--- Daniel Phillips <phillips at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday 15 June 2005 09:41, Igor wrote:
> > > Eventually you should be able to combine gnbd
> with
> > > cluster mirroring
> > > to do this sort of thing.  Not possible yet,
> though.
> >
> > Rats.
> >
> > What if I do this:
> >
> > Two machines alice (HDs 1 & 2) & bob (HDs 3 & 4).
> >
> > I gnbd export 2 to bob and 4 to alice.  Then I LVM
> > mirror 2 & 4 on both alice & bob.  Then GFS on top
> of
> > that.
> >
> > Will that work?
>
> You did not say anything about drives 1 and 3.  I
> presume they play no  part in your example.

correct.  the simply house the OS.

> So your arrangement is ok as long as
> resynchronization is never needed.

you mean resync in case of a failure of a drive or in
case a network disconnect?

> not) but as others have pointed out, you really need
> to use a proper  cluster mirror when it becomes

I understand but I need something now.  Turns out
lvcreate cannot do mirrors (I can't believe it!) so I
can't even use my own example.  Is there another LVM
package that I can use for this purpose?

Also, ddraid looks seriously pre-alpha to me.  I'm
installing a dvlpmnt platform but still.