[Linux-cluster] A few more newbie questions about gulm

Nate Carlson natecars at natecarlson.com
Fri Jun 24 16:27:17 UTC 2005

Hey all,

OK, I'm trying to get GULM working, and running into some initial issues -
just want to try to clarify a few things to make sure I'm understanding
properly.  :)

I'm basing things on the document at:
http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/gulm/gulmusage.txt

I'm running the current CVS STABLE branch of code, on a 2.6.12 kernel.

Now, for the questions:

1) With gulm, do I still need to join the cluster with 'cman_tool join'
    and 'fence_tool join'?

2) Do I need to list all nodes in the cluster.conf, or just lock servers?
    I realize I need to list lock servers separately in the <gulm> section,
    and lock servers need to be listed as <clusternode>'s, but do the other
    boxes also need to be listed?

2a) If other boxes do need to be listed, is it possible to add/remove
     boxes without having to restart cluster services on all the other
     boxes?

I think that's about it for now, I'm sure more will come up.  :)