[Linux-cluster] How to decrease DLM priority during log scanning

David Teigland teigland at redhat.com
Wed Jun 29 07:25:45 UTC 2005

On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 01:51:19PM +0700, Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:

> So the questions are:
> -    is it normal for a "scanning log elements" process to take over 30
> minutes?
> -    is there a method to make "scanning log elements" uses lower
> priority (e.g. lowering the priority of DLM when it's recovering locks) ?

I don't think there's any reason for "Scanning for log elements" to take
any noticable amount of time or acquire many (or any) locks, so there must
be some bug, misconfiguration, or corruption.  You might try the
following:

- make sure both nodes have umounted the fs

- load "lock_nolock" on one of the nodes and do:

  mount -t gfs /dev/... /mnt -o lockproto=lock_nolock,hostdata=jid=0
  umount /mnt
  mount -t gfs /dev/... /mnt -o lockproto=lock_nolock,hostdata=jid=1
  umount /mnt

- try running gfs_fsck

If all this works ok, then there must be something strange happening with
the dlm or cluster manager.

Dave