[Linux-cluster] A few GFS newbie questions: journals, etc

Nate Carlson natecars at natecarlson.com
Wed Jun 29 18:49:48 UTC 2005

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005, Patrick Caulfield wrote:
> Can you be more explicit please ? When another node comes online it
> should set the expected_votes to be 50 regardless of any manual
> intervention. Is that not what is happening ?

Here's relevant snippets from my cluster.conf:

<cman expected_votes="10">
</cman>

<clusternode name="xen1.msp.technicality.org" votes="50">
</clusternode>

<clusternode name="xen2.msp.technicality.org" votes="50">
</clusternode>

<clusternode name="xen-vm-1.msp.technicality.org" votes="1">
</clusternode>

I can bring xen1 or xen2 online without any other nodes online, and get
quorum. Once both nodes are online, though, cman_tool status says:

Nodes: 2
Expected_votes: 10
Total_votes: 100
Quorum: 51

..so the quorum value is being raised to 51, which is half+1 of
Total_votes, not the Expected_votes (which would be what I'd expect, but
again, I'm a newbie.) What I'd really like is a way to lock the quorum
number down to 10 (at all times), so if any physical node is surviving the
cluster will be up. Is there any simple way to do that?