[Linux-cluster] A few GFS newbie questions: journals, etc

Andrew Forgue forgue at oakland.edu
Thu Jun 30 15:27:20 UTC 2005

Nate Carlson wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Jun 2005, Patrick Caulfield wrote:
>
>> Not really. The whole point of the quorum is to prevent
>> "split-brains" where two nodes can see the shared storage but not
>> each other - which would corrupt the filesystem because they can't
>> co-ordinate locking.

This reminds me, how does a cluster behave that has an On-disk quorum
(Tru64 and Windows, off the top of my head)?  In those OS'es you have to
dedicate a partition for "quorum".  Are there any advantages to this, or
am I just misunderstanding something.

--
Andrew J. Forgue
Systems Programmer II :: Oakland University
forgue at oakland.edu