[Linux-cluster] A few GFS newbie questions: journals, etc

Jon Scottorn jscottorn at possibilityforge.com
Thu Jun 30 16:52:34 UTC 2005

Ok, so let me reiterate:

   If I don't even care about quorum and the cluster.  I just want a
filesystem that will server out a block device, which is what gfs does.
I'm not worried about "split brain" issues.  If we need to have quorum,
I want the number of nodes for quorum to be set at 1, which will be the
main server containing the data.  Any other node that connectes can just
access the data or go offline without causeing any quorum issues.
Is this functionality going to be possible, I want to use GFS for this
because if not, our other option is enbd but then we are limiting
ourselves very much.  We would have to create seperate partitions for
each node to mount, etc... a major PAIN to go that way but, it is not as
painful of having quorum fail and cause all of our nodes to go down.

Thanks,

Jon