[Linux-cluster] Triggering failover at Resource Manager level

Lon Hohberger lhh at redhat.com
Thu Mar 3 19:19:27 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-02-25 at 13:09 -0800, Jiho Hahm wrote:
> Lon, I logged it as bug 149735.  I didn't know if it should
> be marked as bug or enhancement, so I just took the
> defaults (bug).

Yup, that's fine.

It should work with current CVS:

<resourcegroup name="foo" recovery="restart|relocate|disable"/>

restart -> normal recovery.  Try to restart the resource group locally.
If it fails, try to start it on each legal target.  If no other node
could start it, stop the resource and wait for the next node/service-
group transition.  [This is the default, and should have happened last
week, but there was a bug preventing this behavior.]

relocate -> Same as "restart", but don't try to restart locally.  Do the
relocate dance.

disable -> Don't bother trying to fix it.  Disable the service.

-- Lon