[Linux-cluster] problems with XFree86 and red hat enterprise 3.0

maria perez mshk_00 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 1 11:25:25 UTC 2005

Hi to everybody!!!

I have a problem with XFree and Red Hat Enterprise 3.0 in a server.

I had to compile a kernel 2.4.26 in order  to achieve shutdown the server,
because the original kernel does not support ACPI (the bios neither support
apm). I achieved shutdown the system with acpi in this kernel,  but now
xfree86 does not work. Nothing more looks fail.

We had the same problem when we compiled other kernels, I think is a problem
of red hat enterprise, I consider is a system very fanciful and delicate,
but I do not know how to repair it. Has someone any idea?? Can someone help
me?? Had someone a similar problem??

Thanks for your attention. And excuse me for my poor english.
Maria.