[Linux-cluster] Configuring rgmanager

Ion Alberdi ialberdi at histor.fr
Tue Mar 1 13:28:42 UTC 2005

Ion Alberdi wrote:

> Results from my tests with two nodes(buba and gump)(and latest
> cvs(update done today)):
> I tried to put a basic script in failover on two nodes.
> Initialization:

> (buba seems not to have any clurgmrgrd running, even if I started the
> rgmanager...)
>
> I don't know if it's a bug of the rgmanager or if I'm doing something
> wrong, but I don't understand why during the first reboot everything
> worked and nothing then...

Aparently this has nothing to do with the reboot, but with the use of
clusvcadm.
When I only reboot nodes without relocating manually services, it works
well: the service switching is always done.
However, after having relocated manually the service and rebooting the
server running the service, it seems that magma doesn't say to the
remaining node  that the service must be relocated (membership_update is
not called, so nothing is done...)
Is this a bug?
If it is not, I would find very usefull to relocate manually a service,
for example if the cluster is composed of a huge server and a little
rescue server, after having repaired the huge server and making it join
the cluster, it will be welcome to relocate manually the service.
Also if the administrator wants to do some operations on a server
running a criticial service, it will be necessary to have previously
relocated the service.

Best regards