[Linux-cluster] Question about GFS

Oved Ourfali ovedwish at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 12:11:00 UTC 2005

Hello,

I have GFS version 6 installes on rhl es3 update 3.
The GFS includes 3 nodes, a, b and c.

The three nodes run the lock_gulm daemon, and thus it runs in RLM mode.

I have done some tests to check that the GFS works correctly, and i
ran into some thing very weird:
Lets assume the master is A, and B and C are slaves.
Disconnecting B or C from the network works fine.

Disconnecting A causes a problem. Lets assume B tries to be the new
master. B indicates that A is down, but for some reason it also thinks
that C is down, thus it waits for enough slaves to contact him, and it
doesn't happen. I tried to increase the timeout, and now it sometimes
work and sometimes don't.

Does anyone have a clue why it is happening ?

Thanx,
Oved