[Linux-cluster] Re: Kernel RPMS

Bojan Smojver bojan at rexursive.com
Sat Mar 26 01:26:41 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-24 at 09:53 -0500, Brian Stevens wrote:

> > Did you ever get an answer for this? Are the src.rpms not available for
> > the Red Hat kernels?
>
> ftp://ftp.redhat.com:/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/4/en/os/i386/SRPMS

I would think that someone from Red Hat would know what RPM dependencies
are... The alpha clustering components require a DIFFERENT VERSION of
the kernel RPMS. Given that we don't have the source (or binary), we
cannot tell if those dependencies are critical or not.

In any event, what is the problem? Kernel is under the GPL, therefore,
all the patches are under the GPL. So, why can't we see that? And why
not release the SRPMS for the clustering binary RPMS? We can help with
testing...

--
Bojan