[Linux-cluster] cman_tool: Can't find broadcast address for node

Vladimir Grujic hyperbaba at neobee.net
Thu May 5 07:52:40 UTC 2005

On Thursday 05 May 2005 00:29, Andres Lagar Cavilla wrote:

I had same problems when bluetooth was active in my system. Try using
ip link list to see is there anything else except ethernets. Remove those
interfaces and the cman_tool  will work again.

> Hi there,
> I'm trying to set up a cluster here, to use gnbd. I downloaded the
> source from cvs (May 4), branch RHEL4. After a few tweaks compiled
> succesfully, and I have all the modules loaded
> modprobe gfs
> modprobe lock_dlm
>
> I start ccsd with no problems. ccsd_test connect does not work. I do not
> despair and proceed to do cman_tool join -c cluster1 (my cluster.conf is
> based on the simple example out there, adapted for three machines;
> transcribed below). This works on one of my three nodes (toshiba, a SuSE
> 9.2 box). However, on both the other nodes (Debian Sarge's) cman_tool
> fails: cman_tool: Can't find broadcast address for node xxx
>
> All machines run latest kernel 2.6.11, through the respective
> distribution packages. The debian machines can also boot into xen, using
> kernel 2.6.11, and it doesn't work there either.
>
> Any pointers? don't really know what other information may be useful, so
> please ask at will and I'll cut&paste.
> Thanks a lot
>
> Andres
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <cluster name="cluster1" config_version="1">
>
>   <cman>
>   </cman>
>
>   <clusternodes>
>     <clusternode name="toshiba" votes="1">
>       <fence>
>         <method name="single">
>           <device name="human" ipaddr="192.168.70.11"/>
>         </method>
>       </fence>
>     </clusternode>
>     <clusternode name="debian" votes="1">
>       <fence>
>         <method name="single">
>           <device name="human" ipaddr="192.168.70.44"/>
>         </method>
>       </fence>
>     </clusternode>
>     <clusternode name="simmons" votes="1">
>       <fence>
>         <method name="single">
>           <device name="human" ipaddr="192.168.70.112"/>
>         </method>
>       </fence>
>     </clusternode>
>   </clusternodes>
>
>   <fence_devices>
>     <fence_device name="human" agent="fence_manual"/>
>   </fence_devices>
>
> </cluster>

If a program actually fits in memory and has enough disk space, it is
guaranteed to crash.
	-- Murphy's Computer Laws n°5