[Linux-cluster] Building rpm's for RHEL 4

Troy Dawson dawson at fnal.gov
Tue May 17 18:38:00 UTC 2005

Howdy,
I've got some servers running RHEL 4 all connected to a SAN.  I've got
some time before they go into production so I'm trying GFS to see how
well it will work for our situation, and possibly shake any bugs out
while testing.
I was able to download the cluster code from CVS, and build it.  But my
servers don't have any compilers, and I'd like to install on them via rpm's.
In the scripts directory there is a build_srpms.pl script.  I've tried
it, I've read it, I've tried all sorts of incantations, but it doesn't
seem to do anything for me.  So comes the question
How do I make the rpm's for RHEL 4 so I can install the cluster programs
on servers without compilers?
Many Thanks
Troy Dawson