[Linux-cluster] need a technical solution please ..

AJ Lewis alewis at redhat.com
Wed May 18 14:40:24 UTC 2005

On Wed, May 18, 2005 at 11:03:32AM +0200, Yazan Al-Sheyyab wrote:
> Hello ,
>
>  i have a problem when making the ( pool_tool -c system.pool ) command
>
>   the system.pool file is a file i build myself and related to a partition created from LVM (logical)
>  and i have 15 file like it.
>
>   what is the problem here and how can i solve it and result to a pool written to the /dev/pool.
>
>    it write to me that it is unable to open the whole partitions created by lvm from (lvma-...lvmo)
>  each time i use this command.
>
>    and after that i cannot assemble them too.
>
>    Please any help solving this problem.

Don't use LVM under pool.  LVM is not cluster aware and you can hurt yourself
pretty badly using it with clustered systems.  You should just use pool on the
disks without LVM in between.

--
AJ Lewis                                   Voice:  612-638-0500
Red Hat Inc.                               E-Mail: alewis at redhat.com
720 Washington Ave. SE, Suite 200
Minneapolis, MN 55414

Current GPG fingerprint = D9F8 EDCE 4242 855F A03D  9B63 F50C 54A8 578C 8715
Grab the key at: http://people.redhat.com/alewis/gpg.html or one of the
many keyservers out there...