[Linux-cluster] Re: Registring multicast IPs at iana

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Wed Nov 9 01:12:25 UTC 2005

On Tue, Nov 08, 2005 at 04:55:58PM -0500, Lon Hohberger wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-11-08 at 11:38 +0100, Axel Thimm wrote:
> > It depends on how many IPs you'd like to reserve. I'd go for at least
> > two to have a default config for redundant intracluster
> > networking. And cman would by default use only the first one.
>
> I wonder if we should just ask for a /20 or so range, so that all F/OSS
> cluster projects can use the same known range in the future? /me shrugs

/20? Do you think one would need 4096 IPs? I thought that cman and
similar cluster constructs *should* be restricted to local or
organizational scope, and even if one would assign one IP per cluster
that sounds like too much.

OTOH better more than less.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net