[Linux-cluster] Clustering and GFS filesystem setup - SOLVED

Bowie Bailey Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com
Fri Nov 18 20:06:27 UTC 2005

From: Bowie Bailey

> I have created a simple cluster with two nodes.  One node has
> created a GFS filesystem using clvm.  According to the docs, LVM2 is
> supposed to allow the cluster to share the logical volumes, but I
> can find no details on how this works.  The second node can see the
> physical storage, but not the logical volumes.  How do I set this
> up?

A related post from Kevin Anderson pointed me in the right direction.

After some digging, I came across this page which pointed me to the
vgscan command which I had somehow overlooked.

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/LVM-HOWTO/sharinglvm1.html

I also realized that I had forgotten to add the line in lvm.conf to
tell LVM to use the AoE drives.

    types = [ "aoe", 16 ]

Once I added this to lvm.conf and ran vgscan, the logical volume was
there and was successfully mounted.

Bowie