[Linux-cluster] (no subject)

Sean Boyd sboyd at redhat.com
Sun Nov 6 04:45:42 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-11-03 at 13:28 +0100, Marco Masotti wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've setup a 2-node cluster using the following versions of software:
>
> - cluster 1.01.00
> - device-mapper 1.01.05
> - LVM2 2.0.1.09
>
> - kernel is 2.6.13-4 SMP (RH-FC4), running on physical SMP machine [biceleron]
> - kernel is 2.16.13-ARCH (as packaged by Archlinux), running on  GSX virtual machine [archlinux], GSX software running on [biceleron]
>

> The cluster is formed without any evident problem at startup.
>
> My problem:
> -----------
> The problem happens when I try to create a logical volume, getting the following:
>
> On the first node [biceleron],  with the actual physical disk attached:
>
> [root at biceleron]# lvcreate -L10000 -ntest1vg VolGroupHdf
>   Error locking on node archlinux: Internal lvm error, check syslog
>   Failed to activate new LV.

This may have to do with the fact that kpartx is not integrated into the
rc.sysinit script. Therefore there are no mapped partitions in
the /etc/lvm/.cache.

Make sure your lvm.conf has filters for the disks associated with the dm
device.

Make sure you have run kpartx -a (to map dm partitions)  then restart
the clvm daemon (to populate the cache with the partitions) to check if
this is the issue you have.

This is an issue with RHEL4 U2. I haven't checked FC4.

--Sean