[Linux-cluster] GFS + DLM howto?

Bowie Bailey Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com
Fri Oct 14 17:39:19 UTC 2005

From: Patrick Caulfield [mailto:pcaulfie at redhat.com]

> Bowie Bailey wrote:
> > I seem to be missing something.
> >
> > I have been able to configure cluster.conf and get ccsd and clvmd
> > running, but it fails when I try to initialize the physical volume.
> >
> >     # pvcreate /dev/etherd/e1.0
> >       Device /dev/etherd/e1.0 not found.
> >
> > The device is definitely there and I can ping it with the aoeping
> > command.
> >
> >     # ll /dev/etherd/
> >     total 4
> >     -rw-r--r--  1 root root        1 Oct 13 14:33 discover
> >     brw-------  1 root disk 152, 256 Oct 12 17:07 e1.0
> >

> You might need to add the device to the 'devices' section of
> /etc/lvm/lvm.conf, eg:
>
>    types = [ "etherd", 16 ]
>
> The name (I've used etherd here as a guess) is the device name that
> appears in /proc/partitions. The number (16) is the maximum number
> of partitions per device.

I found the answer to this question on Coraid's site soon after I
asked.

I added this to the "devices" section of lvm.conf:

    types = [ "aoe", 16 ]

After that, everything worked perfectly!

I've now got an operational setup with a single node.  Now I've just
got to see if I can get the other nodes configured.

Thanks for the help (and patience)!

Bowie