[Linux-cluster] Performance Problem-GFS 6.1 u2 - LockGulm

Vojtech Moravek vojtech.moravek at cz.ibm.com
Wed Oct 19 17:10:18 UTC 2005

Hi All

I testing HA samba cluster with

One -load balancer,
       -two samba servers(gfs client)
       -gfs-server
        -storage connected by FC to samba servers see picture below.

                        loadbalancer
                      -------------------

                            |  (ethernet network)
            |                                    |                  |
            |        (internal gfs network       |                  |
        samba1-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-. samba2-.-.-.-gfs-server
            |                                    |
            |                                    |
            ---------------------------------------
                        Storage (Fibre connect)

Everything works perfectly, but only 30-40 minuts aprox under client work.
After that time gfs mount points are goint to slow rapidly :(
When I try browsing in directory structure on servers all operation like
chdir, readir are very very slow. But all system resurces looks  ok..Ram
is ok, cpu usage is ok, but traffic on gfs network is growing.

Did someone met with problem like this?

And one point ..when I mount gfs volumes and I made system command "df",
first output is too slow. Is this normal???

My configurations files:

--------------------------------------
cat /etc/cluster/cluster.conf

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<cluster config_version="2" name="gsdc">
        <fence_daemon clean_start="0" post_fail_delay="0"
post_join_delay="3"/>
        <clusternodes>
                <clusternode name="gfs-samba1" votes="1">
                        <fence>
                                <method name="1">
                                        <device name="man_fen"
nodename="gfs-samba1"/>
                                </method>
                        </fence>
                </clusternode>
                <clusternode name="gfs-samba2" votes="1">
                        <fence>
                                <method name="1">
                                        <device name="man_fen"
nodename="gfs-samba2"/>
                                </method>
                        </fence>
                </clusternode>
                <clusternode name="gfs-fake" votes="1">
                        <fence>
                                <method name="1">
                                        <device name="man_fen"
nodename="gfs-fake"/>
                                </method>
                        </fence>
                </clusternode>
        </clusternodes>
        <gulm>
                <lockserver name="gfs-server"/>
        </gulm>
        <fencedevices>
                <fencedevice agent="fence_manual" name="man_fen"/>
        </fencedevices>
        <rm>
                <failoverdomains/>
                <resources/>
        </rm>
</cluster>
-------------------------------------

cat /etc/fstab
# This file is edited by fstab-sync - see 'man fstab-sync' for details
LABEL=/1                /                       ext3    defaults        1
1
none                    /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0
0
none                    /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0
0
none                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0
0
none                    /sys                    sysfs   defaults        0
0
LABEL=/var1             /var                    ext3    defaults        1
2
LABEL=SWAP-sda3         swap                    swap    defaults        0
0

/dev/vg_pole1/profiles_vg1      /vg_pole1/profiles/         gfs noatime
     0 0
/dev/vg_pole1/home_vg1          /vg_pole1/home/         gfs noatime  0 0

/dev/vg_pole2/profiles_vg2     /vg_pole2/profiles/              gfs
noatime               0 0
/dev/vg_pole2/home_vg2         /vg_pole2/home/         gfs noatime       0
0

Thanks for any help

Vojtech Moravek
vojtech.moravek at cz.ibm.com