[Linux-cluster] Does GFS working STABELly on no-smp platform?

yanj yanj at brainaire.com
Sat Sep 3 05:22:28 UTC 2005

Hi, all

Does GFS working on no-smp platform? I could not find kernel-modules of
GFS for no-smp system.

I am trying to build up a GFS+iSCSI cluster based on NO-SMP machines. A
two nodes GFS system is setup. However, it keeps crash (kernel panic),
while I run IO test on both nodes for a while.
I have tried the following combination of GFS on Redhat system.:
1.  GFS version GFS-6.0.2.25 + Kernel 2.4.21-27.EL
2.  GFS version GFS-6.0.2.20-1 + Kernel 2.4.21-32.EL
All are not stable.
Thanks,
Jeffrey Yan