[Linux-cluster] Cluster cannot failover

Andreso andreseso at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 15:08:59 UTC 2005

On 9/27/05, Hanny Tidore <htfrontier at gmail.com> wrote:
>  I am installing Redhat Cluster Suite in 2 HP Proliant DL380G4 with HP
> StorageWorks MSA500 G1.

I sure hope that that is not the cluster suite that comes with Redhat
Enterprise Linux Advanced Server 2.1

The reason I say so is that on a cluster with shared storage over SCSI
when I upgraded the RHEL 2.1 kernel the machines became unbootable.
Something about the RHEL 2.1 upgrade kernels not containing the
megaraid2 kernel module.  Anyways the machines would not boot and I
commited the newbie mistake of uninstalling the old kernel in the hope
that the new kernel would work.  I had to reinstall one of the cluster
members.   You know the saying:  person that repeats the same steps
hoping to get different results -> windows user.

If you do not want to pay for RHEL 3 or 4 you can go with CENTOS.  If
you go with RHEL I recommend paying for support from RedHat as time
can be lost debugging the cluster.

Andres