[Linux-cluster] Order of execution

Eric Kerin eric at bootseg.com
Mon Apr 3 20:26:44 UTC 2006

Jacob,

The start/stop orders are defined in /usr/share/cluster/service.sh
look under the special tag, there should be a child tag for each type of
child node of service.

Mine looks like so (current rgmanager rpm from RHN):
        <child type="fs" start="1" stop="8"/>
        <child type="clusterfs" start="2" stop="7"/>
        <child type="netfs" start="3" stop="6"/>
        <child type="nfsexport" start="4" stop="5"/>

        <child type="nfsclient" start="5" stop=""/>

        <child type="ip" start="6" stop="2"/>
        <child type="smb" start="7" stop="3"/>
        <child type="script" start="7" stop="1"/>

For starting, fs should start first, then clusterfs, etc... finally smb
and script start.

For stopping, script would be stopped first, then ip, etc... finally fs.

Thanks,
Eric Kerin
eric at bootseg.com