[Linux-cluster] hangs when copying with gnbd and gfs

wolfgang pauli ookami at gmx.de
Sun Apr 9 00:44:15 UTC 2006

Hi,

I could successfully mount a gfs partition and export with gnbd. It was
also very fast, when I was moving a file from the client to the server,
but if I try a second operation, like copying the file back, it always
hangs. I can not even do copy files locally to the gfs partition anymore.
Unfortunately, there is no info at all in the syslog or any other logfile.
And the "gnbd_import -vl" and "gnbd_export -vl" don't show any error
either. I guess it has something to do with the locking or fencing, but I
don't understand that very well. Below it my config etc. Thanks for any
hints!!

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<cluster config_version="29" name="oreilly_cluster">
        <fence_daemon post_fail_delay="0" post_join_delay="3"/>
        <clusternodes>
                <clusternode name="eon" votes="1">
                        <fence>
                                <method name="1">
                                        <device name="manual_fence"
nodename="eon"/>
                                </method>
                        </fence>
                </clusternode>
                <clusternode name="echo" votes="1">
                        <fence>
                                <method name="1">
                                        <device name="gnbd"
nodename="echo"/>
                                        <device name="manual_fence"
nodename="echo"/>
                                </method>
                        </fence>
                </clusternode>
        </clusternodes>
        <cman expected_votes="1" two_node="1"/>
        <fencedevices>
                <fencedevice agent="fence_manual" name="manual_fence"/>
                <fencedevice agent="fence_gnbd" name="gnbd"
servers="eon"/>
        </fencedevices>
        <rm>
                <failoverdomains>
                        <failoverdomain name="oreilly_cluster_failover"
ordered="0" restricted="0\
">
                                <failoverdomainnode name="eon"
priority="1"/>
                        </failoverdomain>
                </failoverdomains>
                <resources>
                        <clusterfs device="/dev/volumeGroup1/gfs1"
force_unmount="0" fsid="29490"\
 fstype="gfs" mountpoint="/mnt/gfs1" name="oreilly_cluster:gfs1"
options="-j 50 -p lock_dlm"/>
                </resources>
                <service autostart="1" domain="oreilly_cluster_failover"
name="gfs1">
                        <clusterfs ref="oreilly_cluster:gfs1"/>
                </service>
        </rm>
</cluster>

I exported/imported the file system like that:
gnbd_export -d /dev/hdd1 -e testgfs
gnbd_import -i eon
mount -t gfs /dev/gnbd/testgfs /mnt/gfs1/

--
GMX Produkte empfehlen und ganz einfach Geld verdienen!