[Linux-cluster] CLVM and AoE

Mark Petersen mtp at tilted.com
Wed Apr 12 21:29:00 UTC 2006

At 04:11 PM 4/12/2006, you wrote:
>Hey Bowie,
>
>Wow.. That's perfect.  Thanks for the response.
>
>I have a question about whether GFS is a requirement.. Since each lv
>is a separate partition mounted on xen, does GFS make sense, or can
>we use ext3/xfs/etc.?

So is every dom0 going to mount the CoRaid device directly using
AoE?  And CLVM will notify the whole cluster when any single node
makes LVM changes?

If not, then you'll need to use GNBD to export the lv's I guess.

Either way you can use whatever fs you have support for in a xenU
kernel.  You shouldn't need to format anything GFS at all.