[Linux-cluster] CS4 Update 2 / question about quorum

Alain Moulle Alain.Moulle at bull.net
Thu Apr 13 09:04:09 UTC 2006

Hi

A question a little bit theoretical for my understanding :
for a cluster with 8 nodes, I understand that each node
has by default a Quorum Votes value = 1 , so does that
mean that until 3 nodes are failed , services are failovered
by others, and that at the 4th failed one, the cluster
is stalled in the current state ?
And in which cases would it be judicious to set the
Quorum Vote for some nodes at 2 or more ?
Or is there a way to modify the % to define if
the cluster is quorate or note ?
For example, let's suppose that on the 8 nodes cluster,
whatever 2 nodes are able (in term of capacity/perf ...)
to run all HA services of the 8 nodes, is-it possible
to configure the cs4 such as the failover will be possible
even if 6 nodes are failed ?

Thanks
Alain Moullé