[Linux-cluster] GFS is for what and how it works ?

Bowie Bailey Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com
Fri Apr 21 16:25:17 UTC 2006

Ray Charles wrote:
> I read your post (below) from a couple of weeks ago.
> My  question / comment is...
> I've read that GFS Volumes are limited to 2TB, redhat
> whitepaper says 1TB (dated i am sure). You're at 1.2TB
> today what if you need to be at 5TB in a year?? How
> will you seemlessly grow the space that exist on mount
> points beyond 2TB ?

I have not found any conclusive answers on maximum filesystem sizes.
I think the hard limit for a filesystem with the current kernel is
8TB, but some software may have problems with it when it goes over
2TB.

I don't have a way to test a filesystem that large since I don't have
the storage.  I'll just have to see what happens when I get there.

--
Bowie