[Linux-cluster] different subnets/ manual fencing

wolfgang pauli ookami at gmx.de
Mon Apr 24 03:59:24 UTC 2006

Hi,

I spent the whole day (sunday) trying to get this working...
I guess these two questions might solve the issue.

1. Can I have a cluster span over more than one subnet?

2. When I try to start the cluster software, I always have to start it on
all nodes at the same time. If I don't do it, startup will hang while
fenced is starting up. I am using manual fencing. Probably the default
configuration. The problem is that some of the nodes produce
kernel-panics (when starting cman). so i would like to start the nodes
one by one and test what the problem is.

<fence_daemon post_fail_delay="5" post_join_delay="20"/>
<clusternode name="eon" votes="1">
 <fence>
  <method name="1">
  <device name="human" nodename="eon"/>
  </method>
 </fence>
</clusternode>
<fencedevices>
 <fencedevice agent="fence_manual" name="human"/>
</fencedevices>