[Linux-cluster] mysql and redhat cluster suite?

Kishore Jalleda kjalleda at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 22:21:08 UTC 2006

You can only acheive this using Mysql Cluster, if you are talking about
multiple mysql daemons using a shared data store, then I don't think you can
acheive this using traditional mysql storage engines,

Also I am just curious to know why do u need this kind of a setup ?? don't
get confused with the Redhat Cluster suite's shared storage which uses GFS,
and the locking is taken care of by the GFS, where multiple servers can
read/write to a shared storage without worrying about conflicts/locking
etc.

Mysql Cluster suite is very analogous  to Redhat Cluster suite in the
sense/intention that multiple nodes/daemons/instances can
write simultaneously to a shared data store, with the difference that Mysql
cluster suite is based on a shared nothing architecture, which has many SQLD
nodes (aka servers in redhat) with data on multiple NDBD nodes (aka shared
storage in redhat)

Hope this helps

Kishore Jalleda
http://kjalleda.googlepages.com/projects