[Linux-cluster] MySQL on GFS benchmarks

Sander van Beek - Elexis sander at elexis.nl
Wed Apr 26 11:59:32 UTC 2006

Hi all,

We did a quick benchmark on our 2 node rhel4 testcluster with gfs and
a gnbd storage server. The results were very sad. One of the nodes
(p3 1ghz, 512 mb) could run +/- 2400 insert queries per second when
running mysqld-max 5.0.20 on a local ext3 filesystem. With a 2 node
GFS over GNBD setup and inserts on both nodes at the same time, we
only could do 80 inserts per second. I'm very interested in the
perfomance others got in a similar setup. Would the performance
increase when we use software based iscsi instead of gnbd?
Or should we simply buy SAN equipment? Does anyone have statistics to
compare a standalone mysql setup to a small gfs cluster using a san?

With best regards,
Sander van Beek

---------------------------------------

Ing. S. van Beek