[Linux-cluster] iSCSI fence agent

Eric Kerin eric at bootseg.com
Thu Apr 27 14:46:55 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-04-27 at 15:43 +0200, Castang Jerome wrote:
> Lon Hohberger a écrit :
>

> >It's probably trying to exec:
> >
> >    /usr/bin/ssh\ root at gfs5  <-- one filename
> >
> >vs
> >    /usr/bin/ssh root at gfs5

Is the node gfs5 one of the systems mounting the GFS filesystem, or a
single box sharing out a device using iscsi?

If it's a node mounting the GFS filesystem, this fence method might not
work in all failure conditions (kernel panics, intermittent network
problems, sky high system load, etc).  Since you can't trust a machine
that is acting up to follow any of your commands via ssh.

This fence script looks like it was meant to ssh into a linux box
sharing out the iscsi device, and block the node's access to it.  Not
ssh into the node, and block it's access to the iscsi device.

I figured I'd check. It'd be better to find out if it won't work now,
than 3am when your cluster is down since it couldn't fence a node.

Thanks,
Eric Kerin
eric at bootseg.com