[Linux-cluster] what causes "magma send einval to ..."?

Greg Forte gforte at leopard.us.udel.edu
Fri Aug 4 14:32:25 UTC 2006

I had a cluster node chugging along seemingly fine last night, then the
following two lines appear in /var/log/messages:

Aug  3 22:20:07 hostname kernel: al to 1
Aug  3 22:20:07 hostname kernel: Magma send einval to 1

And about 20 seconds later the other node fenced this one.

I'm guessing that that fragmented message means that there's some sort
of kernel flakiness going on, or that the box got overloaded (no way to
tell, unfortunately - any recommendations on monitoring tools to track
and log load level?), but that's just a guess.

-g

Greg Forte
gforte at udel.edu
IT - User Services