[Linux-cluster] lvm2 liblvm2clusterlock.so on fc5

Jeff Hardy hardyjm at potsdam.edu
Mon Aug 7 18:11:06 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-07-27 at 13:52 -0400, Jeff Hardy wrote:
> I apologize if this has been answered already or appeared in release
> notes somewhere, but I cannot find it.  FC4 had the lvm2-cluster package
> to provide the clvm locking library.  This was removed in FC5 (as
> indicated in the release notes).
>
> Is this still necessary for a clvm setup:
>
> In /etc/lvm/lvm.conf:
> locking_type = 2
> locking_library = "/lib/liblvm2clusterlock.so"
>
> And if so, where does one find this now?
>
> Thank you.

Well, though absent in FC5, I just recently saw a message somewhere
indicating the lvm2-cluster package was back in FC6 testing.  Anyone
have any idea why this was dropped for FC5?  I built off of the lvm2
source rpm, using a modified lvm2-cluster spec file from FC4.  Looks ok.

If anyone has reason to believe this is a really bad idea, or wants the
srpm or rpm, feel free to drop me a line.

--
Jeff Hardy
Systems Analyst
hardyjm at potsdam.edu