[Linux-cluster] Re: USB flash drive no longer mounted read/write under RHEL

sun sadm sunsadm at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 20:27:20 UTC 2006

On 8/11/06, Cannon, Andrew <Andrew.Cannon at amecnnc.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> According to the mtab it is mounted read/write,
> the properties box comes up in Gnome as saying that there are rw permissions
> on the drive, but that I am not the owner so I can't change any of the
> permissions.  I can't even write to it as root.
>
> Yet, I can plug it into my Windows box and write to it to my heart's
> content.  Any ideas on why it has suddenly decided to become read only
> (there are no switches on it) and what I can do to fix it?
>
> Thanks
>
> Andrew

Hi colleague,

please share your comments about this issue. We have a similar problem
in cluster environment where SAN disks get read only (mtab and mount
say rw). We absolutely don't know why this happen. How can we
troubleshoot this?

We opened a ticket at EMC (our SAN provider) and they claim its a RHEL problem.

Nico