[Linux-cluster] cluster suite and webfarm + GFS ???

FM dist-list at LEXUM.UMontreal.CA
Mon Aug 14 17:28:34 UTC 2006

Hello,
After 1 week of trial and error, and a lot of reading, I still cannot
figure out how-to configure :
3 webservers (behind director servers using piranha_gui) connected to a
GFS file system (on a LUN).

What I am trying to achieve :
3 servers connected to a GFS file system. the web root is on the GFS
file system. HTTPD up on all servers for failover/load balancing (httpd
is monitored by the director servers).
The prob is the link httpd/gfs. if I loose the GFS link, httpd will
still response to the director, but the information will be missing.
That's where, I suppose, cluster suite takes place. But I am unable to
have httpd+gfs activated on each node at the same time !

I tried :
1 failover domain per node + 1service per failover domain + 1 resource
1 failover domain per node + 1service per failover domain + 1 resource
per service

All failed to achieve my goal  !

Can someone have a clue ? I suppose I'm not the first to try this.

Thanks !